Saturday, December 22, 2012

Calligraphy Exhibition at the Bahrain National Museum

The National Museum of Bahrain is holding a beautiful Arabic calligraphy exhibit that showcases some of the worlds most renowned Islamic calligraphers. The pieces are wonderful and the opportunity to be able to see such meticulously crafted work up close and personal is just priceless. Everything is so beautiful, truly the work of highly trained professionals. 
 
Unfortunately, it seems that the exhibition was poorly advertised. None of my friends or family members even knew it was happening which is such a shame. 

Overall, the exhibit was breathtaking and absolutely phenomenal. I would suggest to all go check it out before it's too late! After the 25th of December, 2012 the artwork will be shipped off to the owners at the National Museum of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention - it's completely free. 


Words can't describe it and pictures don't do justice. Regardless, here are a few pieces that I captured with my camera phone. I'm at a loss for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment